One of my main resolutions for 2019 was to drink more tea. I love making creative teas and other cocktails that are either delicious, comforting, pack a wellness punch, or all of the above. Here are a few staples I enjoy regularly that I want you to try! Please note that I do not do a whole lot of precise measuring but just have developed the tastes I enjoy most over time. So lets get to it!
Matcha Latte with Keto Creamer
- King Soopers or Kroger/City Market matcha latte packets or Amazon’s matcha by Jade.
- Keto Creamer- French Vanilla
- Hot water via my Amazon electric tea kettle
- Grab a large, coffee tumbler, and fill (your preference) with water. Pour that water into electric tea kettle and boil.
- While boiling combine 1.5 matcha latte packets into the empty tumbler.
- Add 1/2 scoop of the Keto Creamer (sometimes less) to the matcha mix in the tumbler you are going to use to drink out of
- Pour the hot water into the tumbler and stir.
You should have a close version of Starbucks, Matcha Latte to enjoy! Disclosure; I use Keto creamer but realize the sugar in the matcha mix makes this non-keto. I like using the Keto creamer for the MCT’s.
Peppermint Mocha Hot Chocolate or Coffee
- Use a powdered peppermint mocha mix or make your own with crushed peppermints and powdered hot cocoa.
- Put about 1 scoop (or two tablespoons) of the mix in the bottom of the cup.
- Use Starbucks ,or another version of hot cocoa/coffee and make in Keurig allowing the dispensable drink to pour into the cup that the mix is in.
- Stir- really well! Enjoy!
Golden Milk and Dandelion Tea with Honey
Golden Milk is an Ayurvedic staple that is comprised of Turmeric, Whey Protein, and Warming Spices. It comes in a mix sort of like protein powder only it is called “Golden Milk”. The kind that I enjoy most is the one by Jarrow and I get it a Whole Foods in the vitamins and supplements isle. The best time I have found to drink the warming goodness is in the evenings. There is something about it that is just comforting! So here it goes:
- Jarrow Golden Milk powder mix
- Boil water and steep a packet of Lemon Myrtle or Dandelion tea in the water.
- Re-boil the tea infused water after the tea packet has settled if the water is not hot any longer. I will usually do this.
- Put 1 scoop of Golden Milk powdered mix by Jarrow, Honey, and the tea into a large cup. Add a splash of coconut milk if you want extra creamy consistency.
- Stir well and enjoy! You may need to stir again because the Golden Milk tends to separate a bit.
I typically follow the serving recommendations on the Golden Milk as far as how much water and milk to use but it really is trial and error, you cant really mess it up!
Vanilla Chai, mixed with Chamomile or CBD, tea.
This one is a good one for a Sunday brunch or hanging out with friends on Saturday afternoons. The Chai brings a bit of caffeine and the chamomile, or CBD, tea will provide some relaxation. The vanilla chai mix is powder and can be purchased at King Sooper/City Market/Kroger. Here it goes:
- Boil water in Amazon tea kettle (love this thing!).
- Let 2 packets of Chai black tea steep in the boiling water for about 1 minute.
- After 1 minute of steeping, either pour the tea over 1.5 tablespoons of Vanilla Chai powder mix or just mix it in if you already poured the tea into a cup.
- Let the tea continue to steep with the chai mix added.
- Sir and enjoy!
1-800-CHILL tea (by me).
This is a mix that I love to make before bed when I am sitting in my yoga room after the day is over just relaxing, breathing, and gathering myself and my energy. The flavors I use change pretty often but I always try to have a detox herbal mix, a relaxing herbal mix such as chamomile, CBD tea, Valerian Root, or Echinacea (if I am feeling like a cold is creeping up), and Lavender Tulsi by Stash. Here it goes:
- Boil water in Amazon tea kettle (love this thing).
- Put 1 bag of detox tea of choice, 1 bag of listed “wind down” teas of choice, and 1 bag of lavender tea, in a mug.
- When the water is done boiling, pour over the 3 tea bags (may be excessive but it’s how I like it!)
- Let steep and if you would like to add some powdered coconut creamer and/or honey it is also very good. I enjoy both ways.
So there you have it! My 5 creative mixes that I have been enjoying all winter long. Tea is a wonderful way to practice being present. I usually will have my salt rocks glowing and sage burning while enjoying my 1-800-Chill tea. Sometimes I will even do a 10 minute yoga on YouTube and then when I am done the tea is ready to drink! Let me know how you enjoy them or if you have some creative beverages of your own to share!